Commonwealth Roll of Honour Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike - Founder

2 posters

Go down

Mike - Founder Empty Mike - Founder

Post  Sniper796 Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:22 am

Mike Symmonds Founder

Mike comes from a long line of military servicemen and he himself served 20 years in the British Army. He was with 2 Parachute Battalion and served in Ireland, The Falklands, and Bosnia. One of his hobbies of model making has seen delightful work produced in the forms of aircraft, tanks and dioramas of battle scenes. It is no wonder that he has a passion for all things military and has a deep reverence for those who served their countries.

Mike is the father of three children. In earlier days, shortly after he joined the army, he was a Platoon Leader of an Army Cadet Corps in Somerset. His combined interest in teaching/training and the military has made him an excellent leader and instructor for teenagers in these groups.

Through researching his family history he found that there was a lot of military history within his family. He discovered that there was a website that offered images of war graves for a fee even though they were given to the site by volunteers. He therefore decided to start a project, which would collate photographs and information about Commonwealth casualties from 1914 to the present day and make them available to family and military historians for FREE.

Should a spare moment arise between his volunteer work and his full time job, you might find him puttering at his allotment, pulling a few weeds in the garden or bidding on military items at the local general auction.

Sniper796
Sniper796
Admin

https://crohp.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Mike - Founder Empty New volunteer

Post  flintwich Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:53 am

I'm Al King, 22 years as an RAF Photographer, primarily in reconnaissance but also the usual type of stuff that photographers do.

Have done a couple of Beer and Battlefield trips to Flanders and Mons.

On my last trip, I photographed all the graves in Watou churchyard and Wulvergem churchyard, some in Poperinge Communal cemetery and general views of some other cemeteries. Have selected individual graves from various cemeteries around Ypres and some from St Symphorien.

Live in Chelmsford so am happy to cover that area of Essex if needs be.

Al

flintwich

Back to top Go down

Mike - Founder Empty Re: Mike - Founder

Post  Sniper796 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:57 am

flintwich wrote:I'm Al King, 22 years as an RAF Photographer, primarily in reconnaissance but also the usual type of stuff that photographers do.

Have done a couple of Beer and Battlefield trips to Flanders and Mons.

On my last trip, I photographed all the graves in Watou churchyard and Wulvergem churchyard, some in Poperinge Communal cemetery and general views of some other cemeteries. Have selected individual graves from various cemeteries around Ypres and some from St Symphorien.

Live in Chelmsford so am happy to cover that area of Essex if needs be.

Al

Hi Al,

Welcome to the forum Al, its great to see you here.

If you could PM me an email address where i can send you the details of some of the cemeteries in your area.

Sniper [Mike]
Sniper796
Sniper796
Admin

https://crohp.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Mike - Founder Empty Re: Mike - Founder

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum